To Learn More
Join Family Promise Chicago North Shore for NIGHT WITHOUT A BED on JUNE 26th, 2021!
#NightWithoutABed is a social media challenge to raise awareness about families experiencing homelessness. We invite you, your family and friends to spend the night of June 26th sleeping anywhere without a bed: in a car, in a tent, a tree house, on the living room couch or floor. Then, share a photo or video on social media using the hashtags #NightWithoutABed and #FamilyPromiseChicagoNShore and #FamilyPromiseChicagoNorthShore.
What you can do during NIGHT WITHOUT A BED:
Below are some resources you, your family, friends, youth group, congregation, or community might engage with as you settle into your sleeping bag.
1. Take pictures and videos and post them to social media with the hashtags #NightWithoutABed, #FamilyPromiseChicagoNShore and #FamilyPromiseChicagoNorthShore to raise awareness.
2. Become a Night Without A Bed FUNDRAISER for Family Promise Chicago North Shore. It's easy – just share the url with family, friends and your community. The top 3 fundraisers will receive a Family Promise gift bag!
3. Talk with your children about helping others. Take advantage of these great Sesame Street in Communities videos and activities about family homelessness.
4. Watch and reflect on Family Promise’s videos about the volunteer experience and what it’s like to be a guest family.
5. Make a donation to Family Promise Chicago North Shore so we can continue to provide shelter, meals, job search assistance and other support for families in homeless situations in our community.
At Family Promise Chicago North Shore, we are dedicated to helping families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, get back on their feet and provide a stable lifestyle for their children. Until there are no families who need us, we need you! Thank you for participating in Night Without A Bed 2021!